Cornerstone addresses your COVID-19 (Coronavirus) concerns
In these unprecedented times, we understand that our customers will need our help navigating this period of extreme uncertainty. We are actively monitoring the changing situation related to COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and would like to share a few updates with you regarding the safety of our employees and our commitment to serving our customers.
Cornerstone employee well-being and business continuity
The safety, health and well-being of our employees remains our top priority. Because of the risks associated with spreading COVID-19 (Coronavirus), Cornerstone has put in place employee travel restrictions that we acknowledge may alter upcoming scheduled in-person meetings or events.
Cornerstone has an agile work approach and robust capabilities for employees to work remotely. However, currently our corporate headquarters remains open and fully staffed to best serve our clients nationwide.
Disability and Life Claim Information
It is important to understand that these Life and Disability benefits DO cover COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in the event that you contract the virus and cannot work (to include being quarantined after being diagnosed with COVID-19) or pass away as a result of the virus.
The below list provides the main parameters a member’s claim must meet in order to be eligible to file a claim for the Coronavirus. However, there may be other factors that would impact a Coronavirus claim.
- Only cases of the Coronavirus that are medically diagnosed and documented by a medical professional would constitute as eligible for benefits
- Members who are quarantined as a preventative measure and do not have an official Coronavirus diagnosis would not be eligible for benefits
- Members who are quarantined due to testing positive for Coronavirus would be eligible for benefits
- The normal waiting period still applies, so the member needs to be held out of work by a medical professional for longer than their waiting period in order to be eligible
Members enrolling for coverage now, but who do not yet have effective coverage, would not have an eligible Coronavirus claim if:
- The member enrolls now for a future coverage effective date and already has a medically diagnosed case of Coronavirus or has seen their doctor for signs/symptoms of the Coronavirus
- The member enrolls now for a future coverage effective date, but, for whatever reason, does not work on or after their effective date and therefore does not have coverage until they return to work
- The member’s coverage is not effective and in force prior to seeing a medical professional or being diagnosed
Please call us at 847-387-3555 for more information.